Deep well inspections require advanced technology to reach issues that a well inspector can't physically…
Why Get Your Raleigh Area Well Inspected and Tested?Properly maintaining your well is crucial for one obvious reason: clean water is critical for you and your family’s health. Without an annual inspection and preventative maintenance, you are running the risk of contamination impacting your health or a system failure down the line. A licensed well contractor such as A & T Well and Pump is the right choice to perform the annual inspection.
What Can Cause My Well to Become Contaminated?Winter freezes, storms, and floods can affect your water supply. Fertilizers, oils, paints, and pesticides can also cause your well to become contaminated. Contamination can cause illness, disease, and other health issues. If you notice any change in taste, color or odor you should request water well service online immediately.
What Is Done in an Annual Water Well Routine Annual Inspection?
- 1) Flow Test. We’re checking for system output.
- 2) Water level check. Before and during pumping (if possible)
- 3) Pressure tank and pressure switch contact check.
- 4) Pump motor performance. Amp load, line voltage, and grounding.
- 5) Coliform bacteria test.
- 6) Nitrate test.
- 7) Iron, manganese, water hardness, sulfides, etc. can be tested for if there is evidence there might be an issue.
- 8) Well cover / well cap inspection to make sure it’s in good shape and attached properly.